Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 Student and Teacher Edition
Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 Student and Teacher Edition is a powerful video production tool that provides users with high-quality tools and support for almost all video formats. This version of the famous product enables faster and smoother work due to GPU-acceleration and native support for 64-bit systems. The program features brand new Mercury Playback Engine that can work in native video formats and efficiently prepare content for discs, web, television, and portable devices. Finally, this version of the program allows users to import projects from Avid and Final Cut Pro into Premiere Pro and work with them retaining full functionality of the program.
Student and Teacher Edition has the same functionality as the full version of the product, but is available with a reasonable price tag.
Premiere Pro can work with native camcorder formats including RED, Sony XDCAM, XDCAM EX, XDCAM HD 50, XDCAM HD, DV, HDV, Panasonic P2, DPX, AVCHD, DVCPROHD, and AVC-Intra. The program also supports videos made by Nikon and Canon DSLR cameras.
- Intel® Core™2 Duo or AMD Phenom® II processor; 64-bit support required
- 64-bit operating system required: Microsoft® Windows Vista® Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise with Service Pack 1 or Windows® 7
- 2GB of RAM (4GB or more recommended)
- 10GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on removable flash-based storage devices)
- 7200 RPM hard drive for editing compressed video formats; RAID 0 for uncompressed
- 1280x900 display with OpenGL 2.0–compatible graphics card
- Adobe-certified GPU card for GPU-accelerated performance
- Adobe-certified card for capture and export to tape for SD/HD workflows
- OHCI-compatible IEEE 1394 port for DV and HDV capture, export to tape, and transmit to DV device
- Sound card compatible with ASIO protocol or Microsoft Windows Driver Model
- DVD-ROM drive compatible with dual-layer DVDs (DVD+-R burner for burning DVDs; Blu-ray burner for creating Blu-ray Disc media)
- QuickTime 7.6.2 software required for QuickTime features
- Supported NVIDIA graphics cards for GPU acceleration
Quadro CX (Windows)
Quadro FX 3800 (Windows)
Quadro FX 4800 (Windows and Mac OS)
Quadro FX 5800 (Windows)
GeForce GTX 285 (Windows and Mac OS)